Outfit: Striped blouse, platform boots

outfit: striped blouse, blazer, platform boots


Outfit: striped blouse, daniel wellington watch, and other stories handbag
outfit: blazer, platform boots, skinny jeans
outfit: striped blouse, the serpents club necklace
outfit: striped blouse, blazer
outfit: striped blouse, blazer, daniel wellington watch
outfit: vintage platform boots, skinny jeans, and other stories handbag
outfit: striped blouse, blazer, platform boots
striped blouse: c/o OASAP - blazer: Pimki - jeans: H&M - boots: vintage - handbag: & Other Stories - necklace: c/o The Serpents Club - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington

What better time to share a corporate-meets-rocker type of look than on a Friday night? NONE. Well, maybe Saturday night, but don't harsh my vibe here. I put this outfit together inspired by the vertically striped blouse. I haven't been a huge stripes fan the last few years ever since I got out of that whole 60s France nouvelle vague style phase, but I have to admit that vertical stripes can look mighty nice. This blouse is made of light, airy cotton and has a great boxy fit, so I'm sure I'll get loads of wear out of it when the weather warms up. It is navy on white though, unlike what the description on the website says, but I love navy with black so I don't mind. 

I've been rediscovering blazers as well. I think I've finally reached the point in my life where I can deal with blazers sort of constricting my movement, as long as the blazer makes me look sharp and awesome. Can't have win/win situations once you're an adult, man. It all goes downhill from there. Like how my blazer is pulled down by my handbag hanging on one shoulder, making the other shoulder fit all weird. I swear it doesn't normally look like that.

The boots are what make this outfit, though. I'll never lose my love for platform boots (that's what happens when you grown up with the Spice Girls as fashion icons), so I love pulling them out now and then to give an outfit that is rather basic on its own a firm kick up the butt. And I feel like it works quite well here.

Hope you have a lovely weekend guys!

4 comments

  1. This basically could be my outfit. I love that professional look with a slight alt. touch!

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete