Outfit: off the shoulder top and finding your perfect strapless bra

outfit: off the shoulder top, relaxed trousers


outfit: off the shoulder top, relaxed trousers, birkenstocks
Sheer off the shoulder top
outfit: off the shoulder top, relaxed trousers, birkenstocks
Birkenstock Salina sandals
outfit: off the shoulder top, relaxed trousers, birkenstocks
outfit: off the shoulder top
top: Zara - trousers: Mango - sandals: Birkenstocks - necklace: & Other Stories - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington - sunglasses: c/o Polette
pictures by Julie

If there's one positive consequence to my current off the shoulder everything obsession, it's that I've finally made an effort to find a good strapless bra. I've been going back to H&M for bras ever since I started shopping there as a teen, but even for a smaller-breasted person, there comes a time when you realize it's simply harder to find a comfortable bra that fits your breast shape at cheaper stores. I've noticed brands like Triumph and Hunkemoller starting to take breast shape into account, which is awesome!

Not every bra type suits your breasts, and you have all kinds of things that influence what you should be looking for: placement (wide set or close together), fullness (round on top or round on the bottom), protrusion (shallow breasts vs projected breasts), size (for the amount of support you need), the look you prefer (soft cups or molded cups) etc etc. This A Bra That Fits reddit thread is a great place to start to figure out your real size and what type of bra works for you. Hunkemöller has this application for you to enter your variables to find out which of their bra types should fit you best, which is also pretty neat.

ANYWAY, I went ahead and made use of the Inno sales to get me some higher quality bras. I found a strapless bra by Implicite that only starts feeling uncomfortable by the end of the day (what can I say, I'm a no-bra gal whenever I can get away with it), but I barely feel it during my daily activities, and I love it! The top I'm wearing in this post is kind of sheer, so I can't exactly go braless with it, and my new bra has been the perfect problem solver.

Have you found your perfect strapless bra yet?

No comments