Beauty: H&M Strobing Palette review

Beauty: H&M Strobing Palette review

Another day, another highlighting product review. I hope you're still as into the trend as I am! As much as I love a matte look from time to time, this end of winter/early spring weather makes me want to turn around my beauty routine, go back to something dewy, glowy, fresh and easy. Highlighting is the BEST way to brighten up dull or sallow winter complexion with minimal effort, and allowing your skin to breathe. 

I spotted this limited edition Strobing Palette at H&M's beauty counter, and its six cream highlighters made it impossible for me not to swatch away. After swatching I fell in love (ugh I never learn), and although I walked away that first time (the last thing I need is more highlighters), I returned a week later because I couldn't put this palette out of my head. Since it's just €15, I allowed myself to go for it. And now I can review it for you guys, so enjoy!

Beauty: H&M Strobing Palette review

Clean white plastic casing that closes securely, big mirror, six big pans of cream highlighter ranging from frosty whites over rose golds to golden tans - ugh yes. See why I had to get my fingers in there??

Beauty: H&M Strobing Palette review
Beauty: H&M Strobing Palette review

These highlighters are creamy, immediately melting into the skin, not clearly glittery (although there is SOME shimmer if you see these in direct sunlight), and I like the variety here: the lightest shades (first and last) are more sheer, barely any pigment and mostly just glow, so that darker complexions can wear these as well. The two darker, more tan/golden shades are less shimmery so these would work really nicely as bronzers if you blend them out on light skintones, or a subtle highlighter on darker complexions. My fav are the rose golds though, I feel like they make my skin look super healthy and naturally glowy in a way you just can't get with powder highlighters.

Beauty: H&M Strobing Palette review

In this pic, I used the rose gold highlighters on my cheekbones, the darkest shade on my eyelids, and the two lightest ones dabbed on my lips, the bridge of my nose and my inner eye corners. You see what I mean about my skin just looking perfect and naturally dewy, although it most certainly is NOT without these highlighters? I'm in love. Get these at H&M's beauty counters now!

No comments